Students are invited to apply for bursaries to further their studies from the Maize Trust.
The most important conditions of the bursaries are as follows:
- Students must be South African citizens and busy with fulltime study.
- The bursaries are only for Masters and Doctoral studies.
- The field of study must be relevant to the South African maize industry.
- The topic for the thesis must be approved by the Maize Trust.
- The Trust requires a curriculum vitae, the full past study particulars, a short summary of the intended thesis and a copy of the ID of every applicant.
- A mentor for the study programme must be nominated and, together with the university where the study will be undertaken, must be approved by the Maize Trust.
- Students will be expected to work in the South African maize industry for a period that is the same length as the period for which a bursary was awarded.
- The total bursary amount is R78 334 per year for two years for MSc students and R94 817 per year for three years for PhD students. Closing date for bursary application submissions is 31 January of every year.
For full details of the bursary agreement, please contact Audra du Plessis at L&L Agricultural Services, the Administrators of the Maize Trust, on the above contact details.